Estate Lawyers of Edmonton
Welcome to our estate law department. We can assist you with all your estate planning needs. We can help draft and prepare an enduring power of attorney. We can help draft and prepare a personal directive, also known as a “living will“.
We can help draft and put together trust documents which you can use for any number of purposes – including to try and protect your assets long after you are gone.
Finally, we can offer solid advice and a winning course of action if there is someone close to you who has died without a will and you don’t know what to do.
Call us today!
Alberta Estate Law Legislation
These are just a few of the Alberta laws that can apply when dealing with estate law situations:
- Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act
- Public Trustee Act
- Wills and Succession Act
- Preferential Share (Intestate Estates) Regulation (under the Wills and Succession Act.)
- Intestate Succession Act
- Surrogate Rules and Forms Package December 2012
- Power of Attorney Act, Revised Statutes of Alberta 2000 Chapter P-20
- Personal Directives Act, Revised Statutes of Alberta 2000 Chapter P-6
- Alberta Rules of Court
We can help explain and apply these laws to your specific situation.